Yaroslav Vasyunin (a.k.a. Geoholic) is a multi-skilled GIS/remote sensing professional, who works in the industry since 2011. You can benefit from his expertise in:
- Complex analysis of GIS data and aerospace imagery in ERDAS, ENVI, Orfeo ToolBox, Sentinel Toolbox, ArcGIS, QGIS, and PostGIS
- Procurement of remote sensing data from satellite operators, such as MAXAR, Airbus Defence and Space, 21AT
- Automation of geodata processing using SQL, Python, R, and graphical GIS modelers
- Development of offline/online courses on remote sensing and GIS
His other competencies are:
- Set-up of a web-mapping server, based on Ubuntu, PostGIS, and GeoServer
- Development of a custom web map application in OpenLayers or Leaflet
- Visualization of geodata in online services, such as ArcGIS Online, GIS Cloud, and Tableau
Yaroslav got his academic background at the Moscow State University of Geodesy and Cartography, studying how to explore natural resources from space. He started his career as a GIS technician, becoming a senior GIS specialist in a software house. His last position is a deputy director of the Center for Remote Sensing and Monitoring of Natural Resources at RUDN University, Moscow.
He speaks Russian, English and Italian. If you have a challenging mapping project, you can hire Yaroslav as a freelancer on Upwork.